Friday, December 25, 2009

Why I enjoy Christmas...


Well even though the blog just started, you had to assume there would be a christmas post! Originally I was going to go on and on about my day, but I realized that there are more important and cooler things to talk about. Like the polite people I met ... well yesterday....

It was christmas eve, and of course I had to do some last minute running around. 3 place, I figured it shouldn't take more than 2 hours. I knew I had to be home by 3 to make it to church by 330. So I left my house around 11 to go to Red Robins and gets some gift cards. The lady at the front was so friendly, yet the people she was helping at the time gave her more crap than your estranged aunt gives to you on christmas about why your single... I'm not bitter I swear. Anyways, she sat the annoyed guests and returned to her host desk to find a 20 dollar bill with the word smile written on it. Who Placed it there? well it sure as hell wasn't me. It turned out to be the younger son of the bitchy family, he placed it after the family had waddled to their booth. I guess some times the apple does fall far from the tree.

Then I had to go to Wegmans... It was SO crazy, people were parked in the most obscure locations. Once inside the mayhem was continues around every turn. But everyone was polite... It seemed no one wanted the "right of way" at intersections, everyone was giving up the last of items to other customers. Everyone had smiles on and no one seemed to mind if they were caught up for a couple more minutes.

It just goes to show you, that even in today's busy world, a simple holiday can transform even the coldest of asses, into people of gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment