Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why I Love Work...


You know, most people bitch and moan about their job. But not me, I rather enjoy being a Server. I get to move around all day, and I get to meet new people... I also get the best stories.

Take for example the lady in the fur coat. I never got her name, and everyone who knew of her referred to her as "the lady in the fur coat." What made this lady so unique was the fact that, as far as we could tell, she wore nothing under her coat. Countless servers have offered to take her coat but she never relinquished it. We never understood why until one day the coat opened just a little to far and she exposed a little to much. After that we never saw her again.

How about the Mother who brought her young child in for dinner. As I approached the table I commented on the angelic nature of the near infant sleeping in his, or her carrier (you never can tell at that age). I asked if the two of them would like anything to drink. She asked for a Pepsi and an Apple Juice. I procured the two drinks and returned to the table. If you have been following along you know something has to be different or i wouldn't share the story. She proceeded to drink the apple juice while emptying the Pepsi into her child's bottle. Your confused? Think about how I felt when she asked for a refill on the Pepsi!

Now, most people dont have a reason to like Wednesdays, but where I work Wednesday is the day that the six foot four blonde comes in. She's always a great tipper and very patient. what makes her even better, is that she is a he. He uses the mens room, but wears bright pink pumps. She combs her hair, but takes it off the wig to do it. It's a very unique but enjoyable experience waiting on 64b (6 foot 4 blonde) and any server would be lucky to get that table, because then they can add the stories to their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment